West Virginia Personal Options - Medicaid Intellectual Disability and Developmental Disability Waiver
Personal Options is a self-directed service option available to members participating in a West Virginia Medicaid Home and Community Based Program. This option is designed to give participants more choice and control over the care and services they receive.
If you are an Intellectual Disability and Developmental Disability Waiver member, Personal Options allows you to:
- Manage a budget for Participant-Directed Services;
- Select, hire, and manage your own employees including friends and family members, to assist you with activities of daily living and community;
- Determine your employees’ schedules and wage rates (within federal and state limits);
- Purchase goods and services to increase your independence at home and in the community;
- Purchase other allowable services.
PPL Resource Consultants are available to assist you in directing your own services. PPL will:
- Help you understand Self-Directed Waiver roles and responsibilities;
- Help you create and manage your budget to meet your needs;
- Provide information and resources to help you hire, train, and manage your employees;
- Provide information and assistance to help you purchase goods and services;
- Help you with required paperwork;
- Help you select a representative to assist you, as needed.
Financial Management Services
- File required paperwork for you to become an employer;
- Perform payroll and tax services, including processing timesheets and invoices and withholding Federal and State taxes;
- Confirm provider qualifications including verification of criminal background checks;
- Check provider and vendor qualifications;
- Conduct end-of-year tax reporting;
- Provide timely and accurate information regarding your account.
Customer Service and Quality Assurance
PPL is committed to ensuring customer satisfaction and quality assurance. PPL Resource Consultants and Customer Services Representatives will:
- Monitor health and safety through regular contacts and home visits;
- Complete required program documentation;
- Answer your questions about Self-Directed program and PPL Services.
For information on the Intellectual Disability and Developmental Disability Waiver, contact:
APS Healthcare, Inc.
West Virginia Bureau for Medical Services (BMS)
To download required forms:
If you are already a Personal Options participant and would like to visit our user site, please login using your login ID and password.
Forgot your login and/or password?
Contact Us at 1-877-908-1757 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org