Florida Florida Participant Direction Option (PDO) - Aetna Better Health of Florida
In this section
Florida Participant Direction Option is available through Aetna Better Health of Florida for adults with disabilities and the elderly who use Medicaid waivers.
- Develop a budget that meets their needs and goals
- Select services and supports that are unique to their needs
- Work with your Case Manager to revise the care plan as their needs change
- Decide how much they want to pay for services and negotiate with providers based on designated rates.
- Recruit, hire, manage, and dismiss employees.
- Monitor their spending whenever they want on the BetterOnline™ web portal
- Submit timesheets and invoices using BetterOnline
Who we serve
- The elderly
- Adults with disabilities
- Payroll - PPL processes payroll for the service workers using funds from the participant's allocated budget
- Employment tax requirements - PPL handles all employment-related tax requirements for participants
- Monthly budget management - We support participants in managing their allocated budgets
- Enrollment support - We help you with participant and worker enrollment
- Customer service - Our professional Customer Service Representatives are available 6 days a week to assist you
- Service reports - PPL's services reports give participants an overview of the services they have received