- NJ Division of Medical Assistance & Health (PPP) Overview
- NJ Division of Medical Assistance & Health Documents COVID-19 Information
- NJ Division of Medical Assistance & Health Documents
- NJ Division of Medical Assistance and Health (PPP) News
NJ Division of Medical Assistance & Health (PPP) Overview
Public Partnerships is excited to partner with the Division of Disability Services to serve as the fiscal intermediary for the Personal Preference Program (PPP).
We look forward to getting to know you and your family during this transition. We will be updating this page regularly, so please visit us again for more information.
Public Partnerships is excited to partner with the Division of Aging Services to serve as the fiscal intermediary for the Jersey Assistance for Community Caregiving (JACC), the Participant-Employed Provider (PEP) program.
To fill out the NJ PPP Satisfaction Survey for Participants and Authorized Representatives, please click here.
- Work with a FCS Consultant to develop a cash management plan for their needs and goals
- Choose their employee(s)
- Hire, dismiss, schedule, and supervise their own employee(s)
- Purchase approved goods and services
- Monitor spending online 24/7
- Submit timesheets online
- Determine their employees' pay rates within federal and state limits
Who we serve
- Adults with disabilities
- Payments for additional services - We process payments for goods and services purchased by the participant using their allocated budget funds
- Payroll - PPL processes payroll for the service workers using funds from the participant's allocated budget
- Employment tax requirements - PPL handles all employment-related tax requirements for participants
- Enrollment support - We help you with participant and worker enrollment
- Customer service - Our professional Customer Service Representatives are available 6 days a week to assist you
- Service reports - PPL's services reports give participants an overview of the services they have received