The Rhode Island Independent Provider Program is a consumer-directed program designed to provide in-home services and supports to adults with disabilities and elders to assist them in living independently in their community. It is an option for people living in their homes who meet the functional criteria for Medicaid acute and long-term services and supports (LTSS) but require fewer services. Program consumers are people in the IP Program who receive homemaker and personal care services. The IP Program allows consumers to select their specially trained personal care aides (PCAs), control their service schedules, and receive case management and assistance with PCA coordination.
Consumers or their Authorized Representative can
- Hire, dismiss, schedule and supervise their PCAs
- Use the MyAccount™ web portal to review providers' timesheets
- Manage service authorized hours to meet their assessed needs and goals
- Select services and supports for their assessed needs
Who we serve
- Individuals who qualify and can benefit from personal care and homemaker services.
Financial Management Services Provide
- Enrollment Specialists
- Toll-free Customer Service
- PCA Payroll
- Employment Tax Filing
- Electronic Visit Verification
- Verification of PCA competencies