Alabama DMH Overview
Alabama (AL& LAH) Home and Community Base Waiver Services – Intellectual Disabilities (ID) Waiver & Living at Home (LAH) Waiver
The ID and LAH Waiver program serves individuals with intellectual disabilities who have substantial limitations in three or more of the following areas of life: self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and mobility. These services are provided across the state to any applicant who meets the provided qualification criteria.
- Recruit, hire, manage, and dismiss employees.
- Monitor their spending whenever they want on the MyAccount™ platform
- Use the MyAccount™ web portal to review their approved services and budget
- Select services and supports that are unique to their needs
Who we serve
- Individuals 3 years of age and older with Intellectual Disabilities
- Payroll - PPL processes payroll for the providers using funds from the participant's allocated budget
- Employment tax requirements - PPL handles all employment-related tax requirements for participants
- Monthly budget management - We support participants in managing their allocated budgets
- Enrollment support - We help you with participant and provider enrollment
- Customer service - Our professional Customer Service Representatives are available 5 days a week to assist you
- Service reports - PPL's services reports give participants an overview of the services they have received