Florida Florida Participant Direction Option (PDO) - Simply Healthcare
In this section
Florida PDO Simply Healthcare Overview
Florida Participant Direction Option is available through Simply Healthcare for adults with disabilities and the elderly who use Medicaid waivers.
- Develop a care plan that meets their needs and goals
- Select services and supports that are unique to their needs
- Work with your Case Manager to revise the care plan as their needs change
- Decide how much they want to pay for services and negotiate with providers based on designated rates.
- Recruit, hire, manage, and dismiss employees.
- Monitor their spending whenever they want on the BetterOnline™ web portal
- Submit timesheets using BetterOnline
Who we serve
- The elderly
- Adults with disabilities
- Payroll - PPL processes payroll for the service workers using funds from the participant's allocated budget
- Employment tax requirements - PPL handles all employment-related tax requirements for participants
- Monthly budget management - We support participants in managing their allocated budgets
- Enrollment support - We help you with participant and worker enrollment
- Customer service - Our professional Customer Service Representatives are available 6 days a week to assist you
- Service reports - PPL's services reports give participants an overview of the services they have received