What We Do
We support individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses and aging adults, eligible for public Medicaid assistance, to “self-direct” their own long-term home care. They have chosen to remain independent in their homes and active within their communities.
This choice was made as an alternative to being admitted into restrictive long-term institutional care or using home-care agencies that offer them less choice and control over their support workers and services.
States and managed healthcare organizations are facing rising costs, administrative inefficiencies, and growing populations in need of long-term services and support. We help them serve more of their eligible Medicaid residents and members requiring long-term care, better, and ensure the efficient use of taxpayer funds.
How We Do It
As Medicaid law in most states prohibits direct cash payments to individual self-directing program participants or their representatives, states or Managed Care Organizations appoint a Financial Management Services (FMS) provider company to assist.
Public Partnerships | PPL is the #1 Financial Management Service provider choice self-directing program participants, their families and workers based on programs covered, states and Managed Care Organizations served.
Did you know?
Our assistance is strictly based and tied to the program participant’s approved personalized state-allocated monthly budget.
To Self-Directing Program Participants and their Care/Support Providers we offer:
- On-boarding their chosen support workers – including performing required background checks
- File employment related forms to federal and state tax authorities
- Track workers time
- Process timesheets
- Calculate employee benefits
- Pay and withhold tax for support workers in a timely manner
- Manage compliance issues such as withholding workers insurance costs
- Pay for services from third party services on time – e.g. transportation providers, contractors making home modifications, club/activity membership subscriptions/dues
- Track the assigned budget against spending for both the participant and state/managed care organizations, flagging and helping prevent overspends.
Your Needs Have Changed
So We Updated Our Services. Our Self-Directed Supported Programs & Service Models Have Evolved to Cover:
- Aging Adults and children with developmental disabilities
- Adults and children with physical disabilities and chronic health problems
- Adults at risk for nursing home or Intermediate Care Facility placement
- Adults with HIV/AIDS
- Adults with traumatic brain injuries and acquired brain injuries
- Children with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) and their families
- Children with autism and their families
Serves A Multitude of Self-Directed Programs
- Medicaid waiver-funded Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) programs
- State-funded participant directed programs
- Administration for Community Living – No Wrong Door Initiative
- Medicaid §1115 Medicaid Demonstrations
- Medicaid State Plan Services
- Veterans Directed Home and Community Based Services (VDHCBS) programs
- Money Follows the Person programs
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs
Where We're Located
Public Partnerships | PPL
Wherever You Are In Your Journey...
We are determined to use our size, experience and growing capabilities to continually invest in our purpose, to:
- Transform more lives by making self-directed home care easier for ALL.
- Easier includes the ability to discover and learn about self-directed home care. Enrolling yourself and your workers. Managing your care, support, providers and service vendors, each day, every day.
Ensuring you simply get on living and enjoying the life you have chosen for yourself, or your loved one.
Our Mission: "Transform more lives by making self-direction easier for all."
Reliability: a;osihfa[oweifh j[awueho a[;pwuoih