What We Do
We support individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses and aging adults, eligible for public Medicaid assistance, to “self-direct” their own long-term home care. They have chosen to remain independent in their homes and active within their communities.
This choice was made as an alternative to being admitted into restrictive long-term institutional care or using home-care agencies that offer them less choice and control over their support workers and services.
States and managed healthcare organizations are facing rising costs, administrative inefficiencies, and growing populations in need of long-term services and support. We help them serve more of their eligible Medicaid residents and members requiring long-term care, better, ensuring the efficient use of taxpayer funds.
How We Do It
As Medicaid law in most states prohibits direct cash payments to individual self-directing program participants or their representatives, states or Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) appoint a Financial Management Services (FMS) provider company to assist.
Public Partnerships | PPL is the #1 choice of Financial Management Services provider for self-directing program participants, their families and workers based on programs covered, states and Managed Care Organizations served.
To see our latest coverage statistics visit our home page!
Did you know?
Our assistance is strictly based on and tied to the program participant’s approved personalized state-allocated monthly budget.
We offer the following services to self-directing program participants and their care/support workers:
- On-boarding their chosen support workers – including performing required background checks
- Filing employment related forms to federal and state tax authorities
- Tracking workers time
- Processing timesheets
- Calculating employee benefits
- Paying and withholding tax for support workers in a timely manner
- Managing compliance issues such as withholding workers insurance costs
- Payments for services from third party services on time – e.g. transportation providers, contractors making home modifications, club/activity membership subscriptions/dues
- Tracking the assigned budget against spending for both the participant and state/managed care organizations, flagging and helping prevent overspends.
Your Needs Have Changed
So We Updated Our Services. Our Self-Directed Supported Programs & Service Models Have Evolved to Cover:
- Aging adults and children with developmental disabilities
- Adults and children with physical disabilities and chronic health problems
- Adults at risk for nursing home or intermediate care facility placement
- Adults with HIV/AIDS
- Adults with traumatic brain injuries and acquired brain injuries
- Children with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) and their families
- Children with autism and their families
Public Partnerships Serves A Multitude of Self-Directed Programs
- Medicaid waiver-funded Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) programs
- State-funded participant directed programs
- Administration for Community Living – No Wrong Door Initiative programs
- Medicaid §1115 Medicaid demonstrations
- Medicaid State Plan Services
- Veterans Directed Home and Community Based Services (VDHCBS) programs
- Money Follows the Person programs
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs
Where We're Located
Boston, MA (HQ)
Public Partnerships | PPL
Wherever you are in your journey...
Our mission is always to "transform more lives by making self-direction easier for all."
We are determined to use our size, experience and growing capabilities to continually invest in our purpose to:
- Transform more lives by making self-directed home care easier for ALL.
- Easier includes the ability to discover and learn about self-directed home care. Enrolling yourself and your workers. Managing your care, support, providers and service vendors, each day, every day.
Ensuring you simply get on living and enjoying the self-directed life you have chosen for yourself, or your loved one.
PPL is a proud subsidiary business of Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.