- California Self-Determination Program Overview
- California Self-Determination Program Documents
- California Self-Determination Program News
- California Self-Determination Program Contact Information
California Self-Determination Program Overview
California’s Self-Determination Program (SDP) is a voluntary regional center program that provides participants with an individual budget, which they use to purchase the services/activities/items and the care/support they need to carry out and achieve their person-centered plan (PCP) and Individual Program Plan (IPP).
Self-Determination means more choice, independence, freedom and control for individual CA residents and their families.
Download the SDP Overview brochure below.
Who we serve
CA individuals with developmental disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, intellectual disabilities, and other developmental disabilities and their families.
Self-determining Participants and their families can:
- Negotiate and purchase services (activities and items), from non-traditional/non-regional center vendorized companies, such as their own local businesses or contacts. They can do this for themselves or negotiate unique arrangements with groups in their communities to purchase services.
- Be the employer of their own care/support workers. This can include family members of friends.
- PPL is the nation’s largest and most experienced Financial Management Services provider serving populations, who choose to “self-direct” and “self-determine” their long-term home care, support, and services.
- PPL is offering the Bill Payer and Sole Employer Financial Management Services models.
Call 888-419-7468 to learn about SDP, and if it's the right choice for you.
More tools and information is coming to help Californian’s consider the Self-Determination option. Subscribe to receive email updates on these new materials!
Do you have questions about CA SDP, the role of an FMS, and why selecting PPL?
Check out our California Self-Determination Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.