PPL’s Mission is to transform more lives by making self-directed home care easier for all.
Reflecting that mission, is PPL’s new web portal, MyAccount. For all those involved with self-directed health care, the new tool:
- Speeds up participant and care/support worker enrollment by making the process more transparent
- Allows for easier management of self-direction personal information and program documentation, available 24/7 when it is convenient for them
- Enables the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly
For program participants/their authorized representatives, and their care/support workers, MyAccount makes it easier to create and manage their online information with PPL, anytime, when it is convenient for them.
It includes the ability to:
- Quickly establish an online PPL account with new and improved self-service features
- View the automated enrollment and hiring process of care/support worker with auto-email and electronic / e-signature capabilities
- Have 24/7 access to account details, budget management, and payroll progress to perform key actions faster
For Case Managers or similar roles, MyAccount makes it easier to:
- Make online referrals for those individuals who qualify to self-direct
- Monitor the enrollment progress of participants and their care/support workers
- Assist participants in budget/authorization management activities and issues
Below we offer basic training videos to help you get started using the new MyAccount system.
MyAccount Training for Participants and Designated Representatives
MyAccount Training for Care/Support Workers
MyAccount Training for Case Managers
MyAccount Provider Connect
COMING SOON – MyAccount Provider Connect feature to select programsWhat is it?
A feature within PPL’s online MyAccount portal, offering a searchable provider registry of care/support worker online profiles, with the ability to easily review, conveniently connect, and speed up hiring in self-directed care.
Who is the MyAccount Provider Connect feature for?
- Enrolled PPL MyAccount program participants looking to connect with and hire new or additional care/support workers
- New care/support workers looking to connect to and be hired by self-directing program participants for the first time
- Enrolled PPL MyAccount care/support workers looking to connect and get hired by new or additional program participants
How does the MyAccount Provider Connect feature work?
- Enrolled PPL MyAccount program participants can search and connect with care/support workers using the following information filters:
- Preferred location and times available to provide care/support
- Services offered/professional licenses obtained
- Skills/interests/personalities/language capabilities
- New care/support workers can create and maintain a detailed online MyAccount profile to be found, connect with, and be hired by self-directing program participants for the first time.
- Enrolled PPL MyAccount care/support workers have the options:
- To expand and maintain the information on their account profiles to include the additional information that will enable them to be found in participant searches
- To turn on and off their ability to be found in searches by program participants, allowing them the control of when to connect with new or additional program participants to seek work.
Once a participant finds a suitable care/support worker who they believe is a potential hire, the built-in direct messaging feature enables participants and potential hires to connect and further investigate their suitability.
No contact details need to be shared until both the participant and care/support worker agree to connect and move forward with the hire.
The process of hiring is all performed within the MyAccount portal for maximum convenience and speed of hiring. PPL participants simply invite their chosen workers to enroll by sending an enrollment invitation. The hiring process is both automated and visible, assisted with auto-email and “e-signature” capabilities. No more calling customer service to request enrollment packets in the mail!!